What is this?

My photo
We are full of adorableness.

Friday, November 12, 2010

October 31 - November 6, 2010

On Sunday, it was Halloween.

Evie went officially as Minnie Mouse...



but unofficially, she went as Dieter from Sprockets.


Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance.

She wasn't very good at staying in character though; Dieter never smiled this much.



Will went as a dinosaur. Though you can't really tell here, because he refused to put his hood (with the teeth and eyes) up.



This was his first time trick-or-treating, and honestly, I think he was a bit skeptical about the whole thing. "Sure Mom. I'll knock on doors and then they'll just give me candy. Right." Then he knocked on his first door.



OMG. MOM AND DAD WERE RIGHT.



He found out that he had to wear the hood to get the candy, so he left it up most of the rest of the night.



Will was a champion trick-or-treater. He said "Trick or treat!" to everyone who opened their door, and he always said "thank you!" after he got a piece of candy. We started around 5:45 or 6, and he did not want to stop. Here he is at 7:45.



He was so tired we had to carry him up and down stairs to knock on doors, but he insisted on keeping going.


Will assesses his candy haul.


And gets a second wind, courtesy of the Three Musketeers.


And a third wind.

Will liked his Three Musketeers bar so much, he picked one up and handed it to Evie and told her that the chocolate was so good, and invited her to try it. We thought that was so sweet, but informed him that Evie was too little for chocolate. I think this picture captures Evie's feelings about being too little for chocolate:



Evie was attacked by this scary monster before bed.



On Monday, we went to the mailbox, which we failed to do all weekend. Grandma Gail had sent us a Halloween box that we were delinquent in opening. Oops!

Evie got a stuffed pumpkin.



We also had made Halloween sugar cookies earlier last week, but failed to decorate them together, so Will got to decorate two cookies after dinner and extend his sugar high in to Monday.



Will's finished cookies (I ended up helping him spread the frosting, it was a little cold):



This was also my first day back at work. I miss the kids a lot while I'm at work, but they're with Lorne so I can't say I worry about them like I might if they were in daycare. I missed a couple of Will's milestones while I was at work and wonder what I'll miss of Evie's. It wasn't as difficult as when I went back after Will was born, but it was still hard. At least there have been no episodes of crying where I have to hide in the bathroom, missing my kids, embarrassed at my inability to control my emotions. None yet, anyway.

On Tuesday we knew when to hold 'em.

On Wednesday, the kids were being adorable.









Then they practiced their best model poses.





On Thursday we knew when to fold 'em.

On Friday, Evie was watching you.



This made Will nervous.



On Saturday we knew when to walk away, and when to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers