What is this?

My photo
We are full of adorableness.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Evelyn V. Pants

I wrote this in August and then I didn't ever publish it because I'm bad at blogging. Anyway, August 1 was Evie's first birthday. She was born on August 1, 2010 around 1 AM. We were watching The Three Amigos in the hospital when the nurse came in to check on me and I told her I felt like I had to go to the bathroom, and she was all, "HA HA YOU IDIOT, I'll get the doctor," and like five seconds later we had Evie. I suggested naming her El Guapo, but Lorne shot me down.



She was a skinny little newborn with pencil legs and a little puff of hair, a little blob that liked to eat and snuggle and was vaguely interested in her big brother. And now she looks like this:


Evie on her first birthday.

She's a little redhead. Wikipedia tells me that redheads have two copies of a recessive gene on chromosome 16, and as far as we can tell, those recessive genes came from a great aunt on my side and a great aunt on Lorne's side. Evie is, for the most part, a very sweet little girl. She likes looking at books (and throwing all the books on the floor), climbing anything and everything, shoes (oh, how she loves shoes), playing with Will's Mickey Mouse fire truck, chasing Gracie, and doing anything and everything that Will is doing.

She has shown flashes of having the "fiery" temprament that's stereotypically associated with a redhead. One of her favorite activities is turning the sound off when the TV is on. When I lift her up and say, "No no, Evie," she throws an all-out fit. Screaming, kicking, waving her little fists in the air. Evie mastered the look of contempt at an early age.



Anyway, on her first birthday, the kids and I took a walk. Somehow we ended up at the cupcake shop. After dinner, Evie had her first cupcake. It was a banana one.


The awesome birthday smock my friend's mom made Evie.



Apparently Evie started shoving it in her eye?



She also shared.



I cannot believe she's over a year old now. I feel like with Will we were constantly wondering what he would do next, and with Evie she kept doing things and we'd be surprised because it seemed like she should still be the little blob with stick legs, not the little toddler chasing her brother and the cat.



She's a smart, sweet, funny little girl and we love her to pieces. Happy first birthday, Evie.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post... but I love the real Evie (and all the rest of the family)even more!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers